January IPSY bag Review - Pretty In Bronze

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

January IPSY bag Review

I'm starting out 2015 with an Ipsy bag review! I've been subscribed to ipsy for close to two years now and have always loved it. My only issue with ipsy is that it's closer to $20 a month as I live in Canada and the currency hasn't been great recently. Now that I'm not a beginner at makeup and have a bunch of basic products, Ipsy isn't what I need anymore and for the same price as ipsy I can buy one MAC lipstick, one sigma brush, three drug store items, or two nail polishes of my choice.

If you're a beginner at makeup, ipsy is great for you! My advice would be to get a one year subscription because it's cheaper than paying month to month (which is what I did) and the subscription is automatically over after 12 monthly bags. It's also worth if if you live in the states and it's only $10 with free shipping.


This month I received a blue and white bag (not my favourite... actually it's really ugly) with products I wasn't all too excited about. Usually I love my ipsy bags, but I only really got one great product and two okay products. I filmed a video which is at the end of this post actually reviewing each item.

Will I continue with ipsy? No. I'm considering trying out a different subscription box that is the same price or maybe a seasonal box with amazing things. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them! But for now I'm going to save that money for products that I can chose from and know that I'll love.



@beautybyamysousa