BH Cosmetics Take Me Back To Brazil Eyeshadow Palette Review - Pretty In Bronze

Saturday, May 25, 2019

BH Cosmetics Take Me Back To Brazil Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hello!

I know I'm one of those bloggers that rarely purchases new beauty products on their own. As some of you know; I'm on a very strict entertainment budget that hasn't changed since I was a student in university. There are many reasons for that and perhaps one day I'll start a series all about saving money and being an adult, but that's not what this post is about. I finally bought myself a new makeup product!


This post is all about the not-so-new Take Me Back To Brazil eyeshadow (but really pressed pigments) palette from BH Cosmetics. I've seen this here and there on YouTube and instagram, but never paid much attention to it until I watched a RawBeautyKristi video where she used this.


I've been itching to buy a rainbow palette for a while now. I own A LOT of eyeshadows and palettes, but I didn't own a good quality rainbow palette (just a very old one that had no pigment and a few random single shadows here and there). I really want to experiment more with fun makeup looks, and sometimes I just want a random pop of colour on the lower lash line. I came very close to buying a more expensive rainbow palette during the spring Sephora sale, but opted for this instead an I'm so happy about it!

This palette is filled with 35 pressed pigments. I'm sure by now you know the difference between those and regular eyeshadows, but if you don't, give it a quick Google search! The main thing I care about is that pressed pigments are... well... very pigmented. I'll let the swatches speak for me.



I'm loving this palette so far and highly HIGHLY recommend it if you don't already own a pigmented rainbow palette. This is cruelty free (not vegan due to some of the pigments), but it does contain talc and mica, which I know some people have issues with (not me). Because this is a pressed pigment palette, the brand does disclose that the palette is not intended for use around the immediate eye area, though we all know that they legally have to state that and most people will be using the shadows for that reason. If you have sensitive eyes and are prone to staining, you might want to steer clear of any pressed pigment palettes!

I've played with a few different colour groups so far. I'll insert an instagram post below where I'm using yellows and reds below!



I did also pick up one of the BH Cosmetics Power Pencils while on the website in the colour teal because I don't own bright eyeliners and wanted to give it a try due to the positive reviews. The pencil isn't as bright as I'd hoped for, but it's still very pigmented and will definitely be useful!


That's it for this quick and sweet review. Have you ever tried this eyeshadow palette out? Do you have any recommendations of what colours you would like to see me use together on Instagram? Let me know and I'll see you soon!

@beautybyamysousa