June Boxy Charm - In Depth Review - Pretty In Bronze

Sunday, July 23, 2017

June Boxy Charm - In Depth Review

Hello!

This is super super late, but at this exact moment I don't have anything else to write about, so I'm going to post it anyway! A few weeks ago I put out my June Boxycharm review video and explained that I'd put up a blog post that goes more in depth later on. This is it!


A post shared by Amy Sousa (@beautybyamysousa) on

The pic above shows all of the products I received (three face masks stacked one on top of the other). I have used everything, but one product and I'll go into that a bit later into this post.

Let's start off with the most exciting (in my opinion) product in the June box.

Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder in "Illuminati"

This is the most intense highlighter that I've ever tried... EVER. I thought people were exaggerating in their reviews, but holy crap is this stuff blinding! When I did my makeup for the first time with the products from this box, I went in with my little fan brush like I do with every other highlighter and that was definitely a mistake. I ended up having a bright streak on my face and needed to work hard to blend it out. A little bit goes a very long way so this stuff will probably last me until I'm 50. The colour is amazing so I know I'll be wearing this a lot to any type of event (especially makeup events) and I can use this in my inner corner if I want to be extra fancy. 

There are two downsides to this product. The first is that it is a bit glittery so be careful to not apply it too messily because you'll end up with obvious glitters all over the place. The last issue is that the packaging isn't the best and the little plastic bit that is supposed to protect the powder from falling out through the sifter doesn't do it's job. I ended up with a ton of product going all over the place because the jar had turned sideways (with the sifter part closed) and it didn't stop a thing from coming out. So beware! If you get this, and I highly recommend that you do, please be careful with it because it might make a huge pigmented mess.


Luxie Beauty Pro Precision Tapered Brush - 640

This brush is super cute! I already have two pink Luxie brushes so I was really excited to receive this one vs the black alternative from a different brand (even though I'm sure they probably work the same). This brush isn't very dense, so this will be great for applying pigmented products such as blush so you don't accidentally go overboard. I tried this with the highlighter, but it's a bit too big for my liking. I'm going to use this for blush and bronzer as well and depending on my mood, I might use this with my loose setting/baking powder for all over my face.


Ofra Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in "Santa Ana "

I was very excited for this since I've never tried an Ofra product besides a brow pencil several years back (which sucked). In recent years, so many YouTuber's have raved about the liquid lip formula so I had very high hopes for this. While the formula is nice and not drying at all, it doesn't dry down 100% so I always get transfer when kissing the back of my hand, a bit while drinking out of a glass, and the lipstick comes off easily while eating. 

I do enjoy the colour since I don't have anything like it, but I also don't see myself reaching for it often. I've been trying to go for this, but I'm more of a nude or coral lip kind of girl and I've been into lipsticks and glosses recently, rather than liquid lips. I do recommend this if you don't mind transfer, and just want something that'll be matte and last all day minus food!


Realher Makeup - Eyeshadow Palette #1

I was pleasantly surprised by this palette! I heard disappointing reviews by others online so my expectations were low, but the colours that I use in this palette are actually very pretty. I mainly use the top row of this (are you really surprised?) on an everyday basis, but when it comes to nighttime makeup, I use a bunch of colours from different rows. The shadows aren't the best quality (they don't live up to Makeup Geek), but they are bendable, pigmented, and stay on all day!


Biobelle Facial Masks

I got three of these masks with the first being "#I woke up like this", the second "#beauty secret" and the third being "primer." I loved the first two as they did actually make my skin feel nice and glow, but I didn't go near the last one. I'm super allergic to Tea Tree oil and it gets worse if it touches my face. That's one of the main ingredients (even states it on the front of the packaging) so I decided to not try it out. The good news with that is that I decided to add it into my 1000 subscriber giveaway for whenever that happens!



Here's the video where I talk about the products while also wearing them!



@beautybyamysousa