Fairywill Water Flosser and Electric Toothbrush Review - Pretty In Bronze

Friday, May 07, 2021

Fairywill Water Flosser and Electric Toothbrush Review

Hello! 

Welcome back to a new review! This is, in my opinion, an exciting review because I've gone years with my dentist begging me to buy both of these items, but I recently (finally) in early March purchased an electric toothbrush and water flosser. I've always been hesitant because they're normally so expensive, especially if you want a cute one, which of course I did so I kept pushing it off for years.

Due to the pandemic, I haven't seen my dentist in over one year (closer to one year and a half). This is very bad because I'm the patient that always has at least one cavity, despite visiting every six months. For some reason my teeth don't hold the fillings well so they always break and expose my teeth to cavities. I've been worried since it's been so long, so I finally started researching what the best electric toothbrushes are on the market, while still hoping for a cute pink one, and discovered Fairywill.

Originally I discovered their pink toothbrushes and was very close to buying them after reading the amazing reviews, but when I saw the water flosser set, I knew I had to get it. I have permanent retainers, which makes flossing almost impossible (even the dentist has a hard time), which is why he's always recommended me to buy one of these. I immediately ordered the Eight piece set after confirming it had the features of the super expensive tooth brushes and it arrived within two days, despite not having Amazon Prime.




I'll start with the toothbrush itself since that was the most important part of my purchase. The toothbrush included in this set is the D7 Series Electric Toothbrush. Fairywill has a chart that compares the different toothbrush models on the product page, and this one appears to be the runner up to the strongest model, their Pro Series. 





Main Toothbrush Features
  • Five brushing modes
  • Sonic cleaning
  • Automatic timer 
  • Waterproof
  • Great battery life
  • Low battery reminder
  • USB charging with auto shut-off
  • Four brush heads included
  • Brushes have blue replacement bristles 
  • Brush head cover with ventilation

The five brushing modes include: 
White: The strongest, consistent pulse brushing mode. This is what I use every time I brush.
Clean: Not as strong, consistent pulse every day mode, more suitable for those with sensitive gums.
Polish: ?
Massage: Inconsistent pulse brushing mode meant to help massage the gums. I have used this a few times when my gums were feeling sensitive due to the water flosser.

Charge: Low battery warning will light up once the brush is running out of battery life. I used this brush every day, three times a day, for nearly a month and a half before having to charge it (after the initial charge when I first received it).




I really love this toothbrush. It works really well, it's easy to use and clean and it's really pretty to look at. It's surprisingly light weight, which makes it great for travelling. My teeth felt much cleaner after the first use and when I tried using my old manual toothbrush for my mid-day brush (yes, I brush my teeth after every meal) I was unimpressed and brushed them again with this toothbrush. This has the same technology as the toothbrushes you'd pay $200 for, all while being really cute and affordable, with the ability to purchase replacement brush heads in bulk when needed. It's water proof, making it easy to clean, and it charges very quickly without needing a bulky charging station. It's also nice that I can't mix this up with my husbands boring white, bulky electric toothbrush. I love the rose gold ring around the power button too. I'm sure enough my husband will decide to upgrade, at which point I'll give him this one and will purchase the pink version of this same brush (I'll take the brush head from this one to place on my future new one, of course).

Now onto the Water Flosser. I've never used one of these before, with the closest thing being the water hose used at the dentist. I was pretty scared at first since it'd been over a year since going to the dentist, and quite honestly, since I attempted flossing. I knew my gums were going to hate me, so I was grateful to see the different settings.




Main Water Flosser Features
  • Three floss modes
  • Waterproof
  • Also a great battery life
  • USB charging as well!
  • Four water nozzle heads included

The three flossing modes include:
Clean: This is the strongest mode and I highly recommend not starting with this one.
Soft: This is the softest mode and what I use each time and recommend starting with.
Massage: I've used this a few times. It appears to be a mix between the first two settings, so it's good for transitioning to the Clean mode after getting used to Soft.




This thing is very effective at removing anything from your gums or around a permanent retainer. I was always sceptical as to how a water flosser would do that, but this thing is so much stronger than I thought it would be. As I mentioned above, I recommend starting with the Soft mode unless you're already a really good and consistent flosser. Most people I know definitely aren't. The Soft mode is still pretty strong made my and my husbands gums bleed the first time we tried it. My husband also has permanent retainers, so I'm not surprised about that. I use this every few days and my gums have definitely gotten stronger over the last month and a bit. My husband has upgraded to using the massage mode, which is basically the in-between setting. Even if my gums become super strong, I don't see myself needing to use the Clean mode, unless I get something really stuck in my gums, like popcorn. I do highly recommend this as well.




The only negative I've seen so far with the flosser is that you have to properly air it out. While the instructions say you don't have to unless you're going long periods of time without using it, we noticed that it was getting gross so we now open the drain tab at the back and open up the components so it can 100% dry (including turning it on briefly without water in the tank to clear out the hose). Once we started doing that, we haven't had any issues. 

If you're on the market for a new electric toothbrush, a water flosser, or both, I highly recommend this set and each separate individual component of it. You can buy the toothbrush on its own, as well as the water flosser, so it's very customizable. This particular set comes in white as well, but the toothbrush on its own comes in pink. Fairywill has lots of dental products in their Amazon store, so check them out because they all have amazing ratings and are very affordable compared to what you can get in stores.

I hope you've enjoyed this random review. Let me know if you end up trying these or any other products from Fairywill.

Sneaky self-promo: If you like Fantasy and even Romance novels, my newest novel is available for pre-order, available on May 9th. Check it out here!

See you soon!

@beautybyamysousa