e.l.f. Cosmetics Molten Liquid Eyeshadow and Lash Extending Mascara Review - Pretty In Bronze

Saturday, September 08, 2018

e.l.f. Cosmetics Molten Liquid Eyeshadow and Lash Extending Mascara Review

Hello!

A few weeks ago I received these two e.l.f. products in the mail thanks to Topbox! I've had plenty of time to play with these products to give a full review. Even though I did receive these for free, all my thoughts are 100% my own and I am not being paid to write this post. Let's get started.


The elf Cosmetics Aqua Beauty Molten Liquid Eyeshadow in the colour 'Rose Gold' is beautiful! This is very pigmented and didn't crease on me at all. The swatch below is one swipe on my hand and it looks similar on the eyes, but once you use a brush to blend it, it does disappear quickly. My favourite way to apply this is with the brush, and then using my finger to gently blend it out since it prevents the product from being picked up by the brush.


The mascara is all right, but not the greatest. It works, but I have other mascaras that I love so much more that fit within the same affordable price range. If you forgot a mascara at home, this is great if you want to buy one just for the day, but it won't give you amazing lashes. It'll be black and help lengthen a bit, but not enough in my opinion, so this will be going into my 'at work' makeup bag for days that I might forget my regular bag and for whatever reason need mascara on. I'll be sticking to my other mascaras and wouldn't purchase myself.


In this picture I'm wearing the eyeshadow with a neutral colour on the outer third and the crease, and a bit of highlighter on the inner corner. I am wearing the mascara, but it didn't do much as you can probably see, even though this isn't the best picture to showcase that. Overall I'm very impressed with the liquid eyeshadow and will definitely continue using it, and the mascara will remain in my work makeup bag in my desk for emergencies.

I hope you enjoyed this short review. Thank you again to Topbox for sending these products to be in exchange for a review. This blogpost isn't part of the exchange (just an instagram post and review on the website), but I wanted to write about it anyway since I really want to review more makeup on my blog.

See you soon!

@beautybyamysousa