Wet n Wild Megaglow Contouring Palette Review - Pretty In Bronze

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Wet n Wild Megaglow Contouring Palette Review

Hello!

Today's review is on this Wet n Wild Contouring powder! This is another item that was sent to me back in the summer and it is in the shade Dulce De Leche, which for some reason isn't currently on their website. There only shade that is currently on the Wet n Wild website 'Caramel Toffee' is a bit darker, but it seems like only these two shades exist, which isn't great for anyone with a very light skin tone, or anyone with a medium to deep skin tone either. 


As you can see below, the shades are ok for my skin tone, but I did swatch these when I still had my summer tan.


I took these face pictures very recently, which is why I'm much lighter. My lighting situation at the moment is pretty terrible because I'm temporarily living in a basement with no natural light and there's no space for my studio lighting to be set up, so I'm stuck with one light without the umbrella, and my makeup mirror light, which makes me look even more pale.

The contouring powder is currently a bit too dark for me, so I went in with an incredibly light hand to show you how you can still make it work for you if you have a light skin tone. I just put some along the edges of my cheekbones to make them look more prominent, along the edges of my face, a tiny bit dusted over my nose and then lightly brushed into my crease to even out the face. As for the highlighting powder, I just placed it under my eyes.



As you can see, you can make the contouring powder subtle if it's too dark for you. What I haven't tried is mixing the contouring powder with the highlighting powder to dull it down a bit, but since they are both matte I would imagine that could help as well. Do I recommend this product? For $5 USD it's a maybe. I feel like there are other powders from Wet n Wild and Essence that are around the same price that could work better, but if you have the right skin tone for it, you'll probably enjoy it! I'm more of a 'no fuss' makeup person so I'd rather the product be more buildable rather than very pigmented so I don't have to be too careful with it.

I hope you enjoyed this short review! I have a few more to go for Wet n Wild reviews of the products I received in PR this past summer, but at least the end is very near!

See you soon

@beautybyamysousa