Essence Colour Correcting Liquid Concealers Review - Pretty In Bronze

Friday, October 19, 2018

Essence Colour Correcting Liquid Concealers Review

Hello!

I finally have a review on the Essence Colour Correcting Liquid Concealers! I've had the yellow and pink for over a year now after being gifted them at an Essence event, and purchased the green a few months ago. These colour correctors retail for $3.99 USD on the website, and I believe it was on sale for $3.99 CAD when I picked up the green one.

Ever since purchasing the green, I've really started testing out all of them. I've been using the yellow as a concealer base for when I'm at my palest (Winter and Spring) since I have a very yellow skin tone and it basically works as a light coverage concealer on its own. Here are the concealers swatched on my arm (which was still darker from the summer).

I really like these in liquid form. I've been using the pink while my tan still fades to brighten up my under eye area before putting concealer on. It's been making a small difference, but I wish they had slightly darker shades since it's even too light for me in the summer. Perhaps a darker salmon colour, and darker versions of the yellow and green? 

The green has been working well for me, but I do find that I need to apply two or three layers and blend them out quickly first for it to not blend away when applying concealer or foundation on top. The yellow will remain for concealer when my tan is completely gone again.

In comparison to the colour correcting sticks, I definitely recommend these since they are so affordable and I find that most people don't colour correct very often. I will be reviewing the sticks soon since there are more colours available that would work for slightly deeper skin tones, and depending on your preference you might prefer a cream formula, so keep an eye out for that!

I hope you enjoyed my review. Even though I received two of these for free, all opinions are my own and I did purchase the green purely because I enjoyed the other colours enough! So far these are my favourite colour correctors that I've tried!

See you soon!


@beautybyamysousa